- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Deferred start date option for new vans
- No mileage restrictions during life of policy
- Commitment to settle claims within 10 days
- No claim limits on vans up to £50,000
- All named drivers covered
What is Van Gap Insurance?
If your van is written off in an accident or is stolen, Gap Insurance covers the difference between your motor insurer’s settlement and the amount you paid for the vehicle in the first place. It will also cover any outstanding finance payments and, depending on the type of policy you have, could enable you to return to the road in a van to the same original specifications.
Taking out Gap Insurance for vans can be a sensible move, because your vehicle will depreciate over time. If it is written off, your insurance company will only pay out in line with its value at that time, not the original purchase price. That difference could easily run into thousands of pounds, so it makes good sense to add that extra layer of protection.
How does Gap Insurance for vans work?
Let’s say you bought a new van for £30,000. A few years later, its value has dropped to £20,000 due to natural depreciation. If it is stolen or written off at that point, your motor insurers would pay a settlement equal to its current market worth. So, you receive £20,000 but that still leaves you £10,000 out of pocket. A Van Gap Insurance policy pays that difference – including any outstanding finance arrangements – so that you’re not left counting the cost.
What are the different types of Gap Insurance for vans?
We want to make sure you find the right Gap Insurance for your van. Check out our various policy types below and see which form of cover might be best suited to you and your vehicle.
- Finance/Contract Hire: Covers the difference between your insurance settlement and the amount you have left to pay on your finance agreement.
- Return to Invoice: Pays the difference between your motor insurer’s settlement and the original purchase price of your van.
- Vehicle Replacement: Covers the difference between your settlement and the cost of a replacement van matching the same original specifications.
- Agreed Value: Pays the difference between your insurance settlement and the Glass’s Guide retail price at the time you purchased the policy.
How much is Gap Insurance for a van?
There are no set fees for our policies – the price you are quoted will depend on a number of factors, including the initial cost of your vehicle and the period of cover. We can provide commercial van Gap Insurance, campervan Gap Insurance as well as Gap Insurance for lease vans and it’s perfectly straightforward to get a quote.
Just hit the button below, follow the two simple steps and you’ll have your estimate in a matter of seconds.
Get a Van Gap Insurance quote
Are there any exclusions?
There are some vehicles that we do not cover and, as with any policy, there are some situations where your Van Gap Insurance would be invalidated. For example:
- We only offer Gap Insurance for vans up to 3,500kg GVW.
- If you use your van for a hire and reward scheme, such as a haulier or courier, this policy is not applicable.
- We do not cover any vans over 10 years old or with more than 100,000 miles.
- If your van is written off while the driver is under the influence of drugs, alcohol or prescription medication (where they have been advised against driving), your policy will be invalidated.
- If your van is stolen due to negligence, such as the keys being left in the ignition, you will not be covered.
Please see your policy wording for a full list of exclusions. You should also note that for company van Gap Insurance, the policyholder must be a limited company registered in the UK.
Why choose Direct Gap for Van Gap Insurance?
Here are just some of the reasons why we’re regarded among the best Van Gap Insurance providers in the country:
- Knowledge: We understand vans, drivers and the type of cover they need. Our team are experts in the field and all claims are dealt with in-house, so you’ll never be passed around a call centre.
- Flexibility: Whether it’s commercial van Gap Insurance, campervan Gap Insurance or Gap Insurance for a lease van, we’ll do everything we can to help you find a policy that suits you and your vehicle.
- Responsibility: We’re fully regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and we adhere to only the highest ethical standards.
- Integrity: Our team don’t make any commission from sales of Van Gap Insurance, so you can be sure they only want what’s best for you.
- Service: Our customers are our number one priority. We pride ourselves on the way we treat our people and you can see from our testimonials here and below how much that is appreciated.
Get Gap Insurance for your van today
Your van is important to you, so it’s only right that you give it the protection it deserves – not to mention that priceless peace of mind for yourself too. It’s perfectly simple to get a Van Gap Insurance quote from us – just hit the button below and follow the two easy steps.
And if you have any questions, just give us a call on 01422 756100. A member of our expert, friendly team will be on hand to help you out.