Complimentary Free Gap Insurance

The Direct Gap Complimentary Drive Away gap insurance is complimentary cover which lasts 14 days from the Policy Start Date.

In the event of the vehicle being declared a Total Loss, this insurance will pay the difference between the Purchase Price and the Motor Insurers Settlement at the point of Total Loss.

The maximum payment for the Direct Gap Complimentary 14 Day Drive Away GAP policy is restricted to a maximum of £5,000.

Complimentary Free Gap Insurance
  • Free 14 Day Drive Away Gap Cover
  • Returns you Back to the Vehicle Invoice Price
  • Covers New and Used Cars
  • Covers All Factory Fitted Optional Extras
  • Covers loss of vehicle through theft of keys
  • Covers all drivers on your insurance policy


What does Complimentary 14 Day Gap Insurance provide?

This insurance is a complimentary cover which will last for 14 days from the Policy Start Date.

In the event of the vehicle being declared a total loss, this insurance will pay the difference between the Purchase Price and the Motor Insurers Settlement at the point of Total Loss.

What is the vehicle purchase price that I should use to calculate the cost of the policy?

The purchase price is the actual invoice price that you pay for the vehicle, deduct any discounts but do include all factory fitted accessories.

You should exclude any additional payments for warranty charges, insurance premiums, finance charges, road fund licence, cost of fuel and negative equity from a previous vehicle.

Who is the insurer of this policy?

The insurer, Acasta European Insurance Company Limited, (registered no. 96218), which is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority for the conduct of UK business.

The Insurer is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if the Insurer cannot complete their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. For claims against insurers 90% of the claim is covered with no upper limit.

What is the claim limit?

The Claim Limit is the difference between the motor insurance settlement at the point of total loss and the original purchase price paid. We will pay up to £5,000 on this complimentary product.

When and how do I receive my policy documents?

Policy documents together with confirmation of payment are sent by email as soon as you make the payment.

What is total loss?

Only your insurer can declare the vehicle a total loss which in general can result from accidental damage, your fault or third party fault, fire, theft or vandalism.

Total loss means that you have claimed under your motor insurance, your claim has been agreed, your vehicle has been forfeited (title of the vehicle transferred to the motor insurer) and a payment made following the incident.

Am I covered for theft of vehicle with keys?

Yes; you are covered when keys are stolen from your home or office which results in vehicle theft. However you must exercise due diligence and take appropriate steps to safeguard both the keys and the vehicle.

No insurer, including your motor insurer, will provide cover for wilful negligence. For example if you leave the keys in the vehicle and you go off to pay for fuel which results in the vehicle being stolen.

Why would this policy not pay out?

Please see the policy terms and conditions for a full listing, however the main exclusions are:
The vehicle becoming a total loss whilst the driver is under the influence of non prescription drugs or under the influence of alcohol, involved in illegal activity, fraud or an act of wilful negligence, eg leaving keys in the ignition whilst the vehicle is unattended.

Can anyone drive my vehicle and still be covered by GAP?

Yes; GAP insurance will include all drivers provided that they are covered on your comprehensive motor insurance policy to drive the vehicle as a named driver.

What types of purchase is this policy suitable for?

Cash purchase, Hire purchase or PCP. It will NOT cover ANY aspect of finance settlement and is not suitable for Contract Hire.

asdasdasda dsadasdasda