Fortunately gap insurance policies have very few exclusions and are very simple policies, however we are asked many times what is not covered and have produced a list of the main points:
- Any claim where the Total Loss is caused by an accident when the driver of Your Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or drugs not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner in respect of which a warning against driving is given.
- Any person driving who is not covered as a named driver on your comprehensive insurance.
- Any claim where the Total Loss occurs outside the Geographical Area or arises as a consequence of war, terrorism, civil commotion or riot.
- Any claim which is the subject of fraud or dishonesty or you have used the vehicle in a criminal activity.
- Theft committed by any person who has authorised access to the keys of your Vehicle.
- Any vehicle which has a Purchase Price in excess of £75,000 unless it has a Thatcham approved tracking device, it has been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer's specification; is used as a taxi or minicab, used for any other type of hire or reward, including peer to peer vehicle rental & short term rental schemes, emergency vehicles, or heavy goods vehicles over 3,500 GVW, mini-buses, quad bike and trikes. Your Vehicle if it is used for road-racing, rallying, pace-making, speed testing, or any other competitive event.
- Any vehicle over 10 years old or more than 100,000 miles at the time of policy purchase.
- Any vehicle not shown in Glass's Guide.
- Your vehicle if it is driven by any person not holding a valid and current, full licence (UK or EU) to drive your Vehicle except in the event of theft.
- Any person driving who is under 18 years old and/or does not hold a valid and current, full driving licence (UK or EU).
Please see the policy wording for full exclusions and terms & conditions.